THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Food for the Soul

So just this past summer, I decided that I wanted to start readying. And since my Mother, Sister, Sister-in-law, Aunts, Cousins... etc have read tons of Karen Kingsbury books, I decided... why not. That was one of the BEST decisions I have recently made!! It has really changed my life! It covers life, death, sickness, love, marriage's ups and downs, accidents that change you, good and bad choices that people make, but most importantly, it all is centered on Christ! And I want that "Baxter" faith! I started with a few independent books cause I knew that I didn't like to read! And I didn't want to start, and never finish. Little did I know, that I would fall in love with her work!! I literally have to make myself put my book down or I will stay up all night reading.

This is the first series... and the one that I am on. I am currently on the last book, "Reunion."

I guess I am telling you this because I have LOTS of friends that are struggling with something from sickness to just life, itself. And I want them to find the comfort that I have found through these books! I think the author has a wonderful gift and I pray that God would continue to bless her!! 

Ok, Now to tell you some FABULOUS News!!! We have been praying and praying for Baker to get a slot with the Elderly and Disabled Waiver since 2009 and FINALLY!!!!!!!! We got the call this week!! So, want to know what this mean now?? It means that Baker will receive his insurance due to his disability rather than Derek and my income!!! Derek is SO excited!!! This means he can provide for his family... like any other husband/father!

So I know this is a small and crazy blogg, but I haven't been doing all that much exciting things!! But soon I will blog about our Team Baker Scarecrow for the park and report from Opp Fest on the Team Baker booth!!!





0 comments: